Monday, February 28, 2011

File Not Found exception on SharePoint 2010

There is a common practice of SharePoint Development is to create a windows or console application to fetch several SharePoint data. This method is widely used because there is no deployment steps to perform. The only limitation of using such application is, you have be on the SharePoint Server.


While trying to access to list information of a SharePoint 2010 site, I used a windows application to fetch data. To my surprise, I am getting a "File not found" exception. But the same code working perfectly fine in MOSS 2007


It's a very wired message, as I am not trying any file operation. And the message forced me to searched on the web several hours. And finally understood that the issue is in the build configuration. 
By default the compilation is in 32 bit (86x), this need to be changed to "Any CPU".
That's all. After this changes my code is working fine.


4 comments:

SharePoint Engine said...

SharePoint is basically a web based management system that enables employees to collect and configure resources through a common platform. It allows a company to create resources like project portals, extranets and team websites. SharePoint Consulting is very important in the business world.

Binary Republik said...

An integral part of SharePoint Consulting is SharePoint farming. This is not an easy task installing and expanding from SharePoint to a server. It is important to always hire an experienced SharePoint consultant for such jobs.

Albert said...

Lots of thx from Barcelona.
You save me much time of research.

QuiTec said...

This is my first time i visit here and I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially it's discussion,Sharepoint consultants near me thank you.